Wednesday, March 11, 2009

An attempt at re-habituation.

I haven't been busy, but my room's as messy as ever and personally I'm still quite aimless and confused. Or maybe that's only the past week of slacking off talking.

I'm looking forward to the swimming/Science-camp overnight trip with batchmates this weekend, at least. That should be lots of fun.

I guess I haven't been keeping my promise of trying to blog every day, but it's just that nothing of import has really been happening, and, you know, I just didn't feel like it, most days this month. I can't tell you exactly why. Maybe it's a senior thing.

So, what's new. I attended two public lectures recently, one held by a Russian professor predicting the disintegration of the United States due to the economic crisis and the fall of the dollar, and the other by a Malaysian professor (and erstwhile investment banker) summarizing some of the causes of the financial crisis and its effects on Asia. They were quite interesting, although as with most public lectures neither of the speakers could really go into details, which was somewhat disappointing.

Still drawing on index cards. Vague intentions of trying using some sort of paint, since that seems to be able to cover area more efficiently than, you know, fine-tipped markers, but there is a lack of disposable monies at the moment.

Also thinking of starting on a writing project, deadline on May 31. My handle on the whole writing-revising process is still somewhat tenuous, my experience of it patchy, but I have enough free time, I think. Hopefully this one won't simply fall through like previous attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment