Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What now?

Or, given this (the state, as far as I know it, of my world), what should come next?

I began reading Mindfulness in Plain English last week, in the hopes that beginning the practice of meditation would help me find or at least get closer to finding "the answers". I'm more than halfway through and so far I've found the book very readable, relatively no-nonsense (there are some offhand allusions to supernatural aspects of higher-level meditation that weren't too obnoxious), and most importantly, promising and encouraging.

However I've yet to actually even try sitting. Aside from never seeming to be able to just relax and take some time to sit and meditate, I also have the problem of finding a good spot to do so. The office does not really offer much in the way of comfortably private locations where I can sit and be still without getting distracted or feeling self-conscious.

As I continue to read and think about it more though, I'm growing more convinced that this may just be what I need to be able to actually maintain that rare sense of perspective that pops up from time to time in my head (through no fault of my own).

No comments:

Post a Comment