Thursday, December 27, 2007

New Year Meme!

1. Will you be looking for a new job?
That's for the year after next, when I (hopefully) graduate. Part-times, well, I doubt I'll have enough time or motivation to look for new gigs, what with the thesis looming over all.

2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
Heh. Next question.

3. New house?
I don't think so. That's for quite far off in the future.

4. What will you do differently in 2008?
Well, I guess I'll try to get back to blogging more regularly. As I fill out this meme, I find that I do miss nattering on about my life to the uncaring sort-of-anonymous Internet presences.

In fact, the latter half or so of this year feels strangely uneventful, without the benefit of (much) blog coverage. (Though it wasn't uneventful, really.)

5. New Year's resolutions?
The usual: try to live more healthily (exercise, proper diet, increased water intake), try to deal better with stress, perhaps try to get better organized in general.

I actually never really went for this New Year's resolution stuff. These are more like the general goals that I have in the back of my mind all the time. Maybe a better resolution would be to air out my mind, as it were, and finally start to get things done?

6. What will you not be doing in 2008?
...that I've done or been doing this year? Hmm, let's see. Overspending, I hope? Though that's really easier said than done.

7. Any trips planned?
Nope, not any big ones at least.

8. Wedding plans?
Heh. Next question.

9. What's on your calendar?
UP Fair and other ExL business. Research work for experimental physics class. The start of my last undergraduate year in June, and the frenzy and senti-ness that comes with it. I think that's pretty much it.

10. What can't you wait for?
The resumption of classes. Honestly. It's been getting a bit too lazy and aimless around here. (Yes, I'm talking to you, you.) Apart from that, it seems that things are far enough away to wait for.

11. What would you like to see happen differently?
Yeah, this is a strange question. I suppose you mean as opposed to how the same or similar things happened this year? Well for starters I think I'd like to see my room clean, and stay clean. Heh. Right now it's the typical mess.

I'd also like to see me doing things a bit differently. Which brings us to...

12. What about yourself will you be changing?
I should spend more time writing. The latter half of this year saw the creative juices remain... unjuiced. Yeah. Ahem.

But seriously, I think I should try and see how much more I can develop in that respect. Own-horn-tooting aside, I think there might just be the potential for some more growth, some more fulfillment.

The same thing goes for my academic life, too. I can see how putting in more effort can lead to proportionally greater rewards, so, I suppose I should give it, heh, the old college try.

13. What happened in 2007 that you didn't think would ever happen?
Me watching two musicals (Into the Woods, Avenue Q) in close succession? What else happened this year... Oh, hmm, me actually following through on an organizational scheme? I've been using index cards clipped together as a sort of makeshift organizer, and it's lasted, what, since the latter half of November.

My system's actually far from refined, but it's working well enough (i.e., better than nothing at all).

14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
Definitely.

15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 2007?
I don't have any specific plans, but it's possible, yeah, if I suddenly felt like it. Right now, though, I don't think so.

16. Will you start or quit drinking?
Never really did it that much in the first place. I won't suddenly abstain from all alcohol, though, i.e., I'll continue drinking on occasion.

17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
How do I know if I'll be able to? I'll try, yeah.

18. Will you do charity work?
If I suddenly see the point, I guess.

19. Will you go to bars?
If there's a good group of people to go with, why the hell not? But it doesn't seem like a scene I'd frequent.

20. Will you be nice to people you don't know?
I've been trying to work on this, with so-so results. I'll continue trying. (Sorry, people I don't know!)

21. Do you expect 2008 to be a good year for you?
Yeah, I suppose. I've been feeling a bit more in control lately, and thus it's easier to be optimistic about the future.

22. How much did you change from this time last year til now?
A lot, I think. You know how things are this stage in life, all crazy shifting and malleable. I don't much regret anything, which is good. But I still have quite a ways to go.

23. Do you plan on having a child?
Heh. Next question.

24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
Y-y-yes? Friends, back me up here?

25. Major lifestyle changes?
Hmm, just the aforementioned healthier living schtick. And will try to write more, smile more, drink more water.

26. Will you be moving?
Nope, barring unforeseen circumstances.

27. What will you make sure doesn't happen in '08 that happened in '07?
Projects and other requirements getting unnecessarily delayed, I suppose. Better work habits, less procrastination.

Items getting stolen from me, as well.

28. What are your New Year's Eve plans?
Whatever the family's doing. Probably eat a lot, cover my nose from the gunpowder, and eat some more. Fall asleep happy and full.

29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
Sort of. Heh. Next question.

30. One wish for 2008?
Growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment