Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Let's start off the new year, shall we?

A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct.


Even though, if you think about it, the transition from one year to the next is largely arbitrary, it still marks a beginning. I said in a recent post that I wanted to get blogging more regularly again, so, yeah, here we are.



The new year arrived here at home much like previous years have. The kids lit up some lucies, the grownups lit a few fountains and the requisite Judas belt. There was the usual assortment of food for the media noche: ham, pasta, (cheap, haha) red wine, fruit salad and so on. Nothing remarkable, really.

(Well, except that they all had a few rounds of beer afterwards, I think. And I got invited, but seeing as how I don't like how beer tastes, and since it seemed a bit awkward, still, I decided to decline.)



During these first few days of the year, I think I'd like to get a clear view of the things I'd like to implement or accomplish, sort of like, you know, resolutions. I'll come up with a final-ish sort of list by tomorrow.

For now, let's all just have a happy new year! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment