Saturday, February 23, 2008

Crazy bird

I was looking out my window earlier this afternoon. First time in a while, and now that I have glasses I appreciate the view a lot more - even if it is mostly just of our backyard and of the landscape of middle-class houses beyond.

Eventually I came around to watching these two birds perched on our neighbors' television antenna. On a whim (maybe I had just woken up from a nap, I don't know) I started whistling at them, trying to chance upon some bird-enough-sounding whistles to get their attention, and I don't know, just make them look in my direction or confuse them or something. When all of a sudden the smaller one takes wing and makes to fly directly at my face, but I jerked away from my window and it swerved hard to the left.

What was it thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment