Friday, April 11, 2008

Announcement; wailing, gnashing of teeth, etc.

I am now officially a capitalist wage-whore. Only for the summer (until June 30). The pay's no great shakes, of course, especially to those of you who happen to be on the fast track to being, I don't know, capitalist geishas or courtesans of much higher privilege, but, hey, I'm still a wage-slave. I mean, it's still money.

Now I have a rather compelling reason to learn to drive and get a license before school starts: it'd be good if I had the option of driving to and from school and/or work during those few weeks of overlap.

Application was rather painless, apart from having to wait around almost the entire day. Started off at around 9 am, and finished by 7:30 pm. The total amount of time that each of us was actually doing anything would probably amount to, I don't know, less than two or three hours. I guess they're giving us good practice for the job itself (technical support representative for Siemens).

Woo! Contract signed already, no backing out now. Wish me luck, I'm hoping for a fruitful, even fun, experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment