Monday, July 14, 2008

Tutoring, QC, and a little thing called Plurk

Tutored at Payatas HS again last Saturday, assisting Jeanne in teaching Biology, and teaching Trigonometry myself. Spent nearly the whole day there; surprisingly enough, had a lot of fun.

I find that I really like writing with good, soft chalk on a blackboard. And in fact my board-writing is better than my paper-writing, or so Jeanne says.

Teaching that trigonometry class was quite rewarding, especially near the end when the students were asking questions of their own volition. I do seem to have some talent for explaining things, and I'm sure that I've managed to teach them useful things.

(To my discredit, however, I taught them the wrong thing about the statistical median! I'll have to ask the next tutors to clear this up with them.)



Currently reading through the Questionable Content archives. Apart from getting to reread some entertaining comics, I'm also discovering some new music. (Deerhoof, The Flaming Lips, Mogwai, etc.) Good times.



PS. I don't think Plurk is really for me, but, hey, if any of you guys ever end up using it, go ahead and add me.

No comments:

Post a Comment