Tuesday, July 15, 2008

In which some not altogether unexpected announcements are made.

Okay, first off, let me just say that I hate my aging computer for having restarted on me and making me lose all my Firefox tabs, including a blog entry I was just about to publish - I knew I shouldn't have bothered hitting "preview & spell check".



I have just realized that the last essay I've been working on was rather ill-conceived, mainly because I have no right to even be thinking of a career in writing, sorry. Not at this point, at any rate, when I have no significant experience in the field. I guess I was fancying myself a writer wannabe, which is all kinds of sad, as undeniably true things often are. Well, I definitely won't be giving up on exploring that option, but I won't dare to, you know, write about it just yet.

So, the first announcement is about that latest essay: it is now officially dead, stillborn perhaps, but at least saved from a futile existence.



I've been sort of slacking off lately. I blame the fact that I only have six units of physics coursework, three units of math (an easy, boring elective), and a three-unit GE. Rounding out this semester's fifteen units is 199, which is basically thesis work, but since we'd been meeting with our adviser since last year anyway, the thesis course itself didn't change much.

I made up for it a little tonight with some physics-related reading and foolery. I will get used to you yet, research. Coursework hasn't been too heavy, but a bit more effort couldn't hurt.

Second announcement: I will make being a nerd my career until graduation. (Well, a nerd that actually gets things done, that is.)



Third announcement: PANDA PAN DA PANDA PAN DA PANPANDA!

No comments:

Post a Comment