Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008's Blog Posts of the Month!

January 2008: The list of resolutions. 

Did any of these actually get done? Somewhat, I suppose, but "no" would be the honest answer. If I were to draw up a list of resolutions for the next year, they'd be variants of the items on this year's list, so I suppose that means I haven't yet fulfilled them, right? 


February 2008: Crazy bird.

A close encounter with untamed Nature.


March 2008: A day in March: food we ate, a game I played.

Okay, so this was my only blog post in the month of March. Good to see I knew how to focus on the important things, eh?

EDIT: Dratted spotty memory, I knew I was forgetting something. Our experimental physics (Physics 192) class went to Tagaytay for a "Science Camp", which was an overnight trip where we visited Caleruega, Palace in the Sky, ate bulalo at the market, had an amazing race activity, sang and drank and bonded as a batch. To me, it's something like a precursor to the Baguio trip later in the year, which I thought was better because we were a smaller group. Hehe.



That was a very fun day with org friends. We should do that again soon, guys! After graduation, okay, we're going on an outing or trip of some sort? Okay? Okay.


May 2008: A dispatch from the SIEMENS call center. 

Oddly enough, some of the entries from work (April-May) weren't cross-posted over to my Blogger. I forget/wonder why.

The month of horror, when I signed away my soul for pisos. Still, I suppose it was instructive, and those pisos probably paid for a lot of the stuff I still use to this day.


June 2008: Another day in the life.

Following our brief salaried existences we decided to seek out this Japanese restaurant in the Makati area that supposedly offered an authentic dining experience, Serynna. And it did. And we were properly humbled. Visited the Goethe Institute before lunch, caught a French film (with Maggie Cheung!) at Shang after.



I found teaching kids surprisingly enjoyable and satisfying, and discovered a love for using good chalk and chalkboards.


August 2008: The Black Man with a White Soul ( Part I | Part II )

First time to attend a silent film screening with live choral accompaniment, and first time to write a blog entry in response to a stranger, who was asking for details.


September 2008: Sarah's!

"Guys, guys! Sa Baguio na ulit! Doon pwede na maglasing nang seryoso! Bwahaha." Oh, if I knew how right I would turn out to be.


October 2008: Baguio!

Tough call, what with Kady Day and a trip to Puerto Galera in the same month, but I suppose, all in all, the five days and four drunken nights in Baguio would have to take this month's post of the month award.



A month into the semester, and I was as dissatisfied, aimless, and clueless as ever.


December 2008: I guess you could call these resolutions...

And we come to this month. I only resumed blogging a few days ago, with this post detailing yet again my personal struggles with... myself. Tragedy.


***

Remarks:

Before having written this post, I was under the impression that 2008 wasn't a very eventful year. I guess my memory just isn't geared towards remembering events and happenings. I'm really glad I managed, over the year, to blog a few times each month.

This only serves to strengthen my decision to try and get blogging more regularly. There's a whole new year to be lived, and it sure does promise to be an eventful one (honestly, all of 2009 after graduation is still a big blank to me). Adventures await!

Happy new year, guys! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment