Saturday, January 03, 2009

Another day in the life: steak and other miscellaneous food items.

I needed to buy some milk and conditioner, so naturally I had to drag Jeanne along on a quest for juicy, inexpensive meat. Our search took us to Judge Jimenez, purveyor of meats, and the journey was long, yea, and many times did we have to undertake perilous crossings.

That is, we walked a lot again, from the GMA-Kamuning MRT station, down EDSA to Kamuning, and down Kamuning to J. Jimenez. The target was Snackaroo, whose tasty steaks I'd tried before when my brother took me there or brought some home. Of course, we could have taken buses or jeeps, but for some reason, those options usually seem more unappealing to us than just walking.

Snackaroo is one of those cheap, sticky-tabled places you only find out about through word of mouth. For such a small place, there were a lot of customers, and it probably gets even more hectic during peak hours. The star attractions are their charbroiled T-bone and porterhouse steaks. 

We were planning on having a T-bone each, but as luck would have it they were out, so we had a porterhouse each instead. (Not that we were entirely clear on the difference between the two. Are T-bones juicier?) Tasty steaks, especially considering the relatively light Php130 price tag. Their gravy's pretty good too, good enough to spoon into your mouth on its own, without shame.

We had heard about a Kopi Roti branch along nearby Tomas Morato, but since we had no real idea where along that long road it was, we wisely decided to leave that for another time.

That was pretty much it. We walked back to the MRT and went to Trinoma. Coffee and still-not-dense-enough blueberry cheesecake at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, supermarket for my necessities (milk, conditioner, nuts, and leaves), Wendy's iced tea at the food court. 

Yes, I know. Nothing eventful happens in our sad little lives but food. D}:

P.S. Also I was sad for a bit because I thought I had no future because contrary to my childhood expectations, I didn't grow up to be the smartest man in the world. Also I screwed up college, and generally underachieved and failed to make better use of my time and potential. D}:

No comments:

Post a Comment