Monday, February 22, 2010

A life regimen?

The workout regimen has been progressing nicely, and I've been getting encouraging comments from people saying that I'm losing weight pretty well.

Jumping rope is beginning to become a habit, something I look forward to and enjoy doing regularly; I've recently managed to beat the 200-consecutive-squat challenge, and am now working on getting strong enough to do one-legged squats; The situp and pushup programs are moving along slowly.

I'd have to agree that I need to develop my arms, though. Losing fat from my limbs is slowly exposing my underdeveloped muscles. For that weightlifting would have to be the next thing to incorporate into my workout regimen.



I should take heart from these developments, and realize that, hey, changing things is as simple as starting to do new things and sticking to them!

In that spirit, in the next few days, I'm going to seriously try to identify several more habits that will gradually improve myself in all the other ways that matter to me. A tentative list: critical thinking, expressing opinions articulately, writerly craftsmanship, programming/ software development, one-to-many/one-to-one social interaction, general organization, time management... Oh wow, I guess I could go on and on, I'm going to need to narrow these down into the most important ones, first.

No comments:

Post a Comment