Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Today in lists

The Good:
  1. Lots of jasmine tea
  2. Cake and coffee for brunch
  3. Jumping rope
  4. Managing to do 110 consecutive squats
  5. The continuing realization that regular exercise and portion control are slowly having their effect
  6. Listening to new music (Alexi Murdoch, 500 Days of Summer OST, and similar)
  7. Reading Durant (Pleasures of Philosophy)


The Bad:
  1. Unproductivity (couldn't even get self to play Dragon Age for long)
  2. Too many naps
  3. Continued lack of purpose
  4. Lack of employment-related news
  5. The gnawing worry that I'm wasting my time


Random Thoughts:

  1. I want to be able to intelligently and articulately comment on and respond to the things I enjoy and appreciate: writing, music, art, ideas.

  2. I perceive myself as incompetent, more often than not, despite what anyone else might say. I hope this isn't a self-fulfilling prophecy. I'm trying to be more positive, to look forward, and all that. I want to convince myself of my own competence at the things I care about: thinking, writing, creating.

  3. I want to have real friends. Or, more accurately, I want to be able to be a real friend. To open up and connect in a genuine way.

I was going to write something more coherent - nah, I wasn't, too lazy. But I will, in the near future! Cross my confused little heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment