Friday, February 05, 2010

Will get there, eventually.

I think I like exercising earlier in the day better. I was forced to do so today because some people came over for lunch - a relative of ours from Bulacan is leaving for Guam, and her family's accompanying her to the airport tonight.

It's always festive when people come over: the noise, the better-and-more-than-usual food, the mere presence of enough people to fill the house somewhat. There were a lot of kids earlier, livening up the atmosphere even more. Of course, I was mostly in my room, fiddling with CSS.

I had forgotten about CSS browser hell, how unintuitively different browsers might interpret a particular set of CSS rules. Read up on CSS standards, best practices, and so on. CSS can get complicated quickly, so I thought I'd get a good grounding in the fundamentals before just diving in.

I did work on a website today (cribbed the material from here). The results were passable, I suppose, for someone who hasn't been doing this in a while. I'm still not too comfortable regarding structuring HTML and organizing my CSS, but that should come in time.

I thought I'd be able to work on Javascript today, but fiddling with layouts and such is too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment