Monday, January 07, 2008

Exercise, music

I'm finding exercise to be a great pick-me-up. It helps to wake up from afternoon naps on the weekends, and also to boost my failing energy on weekday evenings. (Yes, I'm saying this partly to convince myself to stick to the habit. Listen, you.)

I'll also get to try exercising in the mornings, because of my Tuesday-Friday 5:30-7 pm classes. I think I'd rather get my daily exercise done in the mornings on those days rather than when I get home from school, since by that time I suspect I'll be pretty tired already. Now since I leave the house at 6:30 am everyday, I'll have to get up pretty early to squeeze some exercise in my morning routine.

I have successfully gotten up at 5 am many times before already, but usually this is followed by a blissful thirty minutes of laying about and enjoying the fact that I can afford to snooze a little bit more. (Incidentally, I find that dreams are more likely to occur in this half-asleep period.)

Anyway, tomorrow's a Tuesday, and furthermore the UP Centennial Celebrations are going to be kicked off. I'm looking forward to the fireworks display, promised to be grander than the one at last year's Lantern parade. This means I'll be getting home rather late tomorrow, meaning no time for exercise in the evening, meaning that I should get my lazy ass moving tomorrow morning, yes.



I've written before about Jens Lekman (as I reread it now I find that it is a bit too gushy and, I don't know, a bit musically clueless, but there we are anyway). I've uploaded several of his songs that I especially like over here, so listen away, people. If you're not taken in by his charm, then I don't know what I'll do with you. (Probably nothing. You would be beyond help.)



Speaking of exercise and music, shameful as it might be to admit, I think I might actually enjoy, you know, those things that have you flailing around and getting sweaty in time to music. But seeing as how I don't actually live alone, well, I don't see how I'd get to seriously try it. I wouldn't pay for membership to some gym where I'll have to do these things with and in front of other people. (Maybe I should get a Dance Dance thing. But the PC's upstairs. And, anyway, no.)

No comments:

Post a Comment