Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Another day, another rejection.

Rejection

Okay, so just for giggles (or, well, somebody emailed me), I applied for another company online, Standard Chartered this time. A lot of them seem to have personality tests and such now, and that segment on this particular application took maybe forty-five minutes. Rejected. At least they tell you right away if you don't have the driven, go-getting, highly motivated, ambitious, energetic, charismatic, persuasive, suave personality that they desire. So much for being honest!

In any case, I'm not entirely sure if this is supposed to be a disappointment. I mean, if they're expecting someone of an entirely different personality, even if I had gotten in by fudging my answers, then I'd have to live up to that other personality, right? No, I'm not sour graping, because honestly I have no idea what working for a bank, let alone Standard Chartered specifically, would be like.


Cafe Breton

Okay, in other news, we'd been hearing good things about the crepes at Cafe Breton, so we went there to try them this afternoon. And they were pretty good, the crepes themselves had just the right texture and amount of resistance. No complaints about their coffee, either. But, I'd stay away until I had disposable income, as crepes and coffee for two came to nearly five hundred bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment