Friday, February 06, 2009

Substance abuse ahoy.

Coffee Abuse Weekend begins with a with two shots of Aeropress concentrate, condensed milk, and lots of ice! (Apparently, this is called Cafe Sua Da, literally coffee milk ice.)

Twenty pages of the thesis due on Monday. I have maybe half that number, but what I currently have is badly in need of editing. Add that to the fact that I'd basically been just sitting on my ass with regards to thesis stuff for this entire semester so far, and that the final deadline for the draft is (effectively, for me and my co-advisees) in two weeks or so! Fun for the whole family.

Too bad, really, for the other things I could have been doing. I could have been taking an employment exam at Meralco tomorrow. I could have been in Subic for the weekend with my brother and his kids. I could have been starting on that Hellsing anime (done with the manga!). 

You know, I could've been (doing) something great, but I ruined it, and instead, what I get is a stressful 48 hours or so in which all the procrastination of the previous months will come back and bite me on my lazy ass.

On the bright side, in a couple of months, this will all be over, and I'll have shiny new worries to think about. And in that golden period between the end of thesis and the graduation ceremony, I foresee a lot of good clean celebratory fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment