Monday, February 16, 2009

For the record, or, a day of some firsts.

First job application rejection received today, in what probably will be a string of such rejections, after all, physics isn't quite the most employable course out there. Maybe a suitable position wasn't available, maybe this, maybe that, but essentially, I suppose, the corporate world isn't exactly  looking for physicists to clasp to its quivering crisis-wracked bosom.

First hat purchased for self: a flat cap in brown faux leather. This is significant, guys, because I have never before worn a hat that suited me, because my head tended to be too big. Baseball caps always looked silly and too small. I even tried wearing bonnets, but they looked silly on me too, in fact they looked more like socks that I mistakenly put on my head, you know? But now, I have greater control over the microclimate of my extremal anterior (that is, cranial) regions, as well as a hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment