Thursday, February 26, 2009

Reports from the front lines - Operation Employment: Commence!

It felt odd to leave the house this morning to take an exam for possible employment. Good thing I'd already experienced the job application process before. I wasn't quite as nervous as I was during my first time.

The exam itself, set for an hour, actually did take me maybe 45-50 minutes. I was going slow and being meticulous since the questions were intentionally quite tricky - both in the reading comprehension (/vocabulary) and the math (/numeracy) portions.

I may have perpetuated the "mayabang na taga-UP" stereotype unwittingly, hahaha. I was in casual clothes, while my three co-applicants (all female), were more or less in smart casual clothes. By casual, I mean a Google t-shirt (that I was shocked to find a small hole in, I love that shirt D:), jeans, and Chucks. Plus, because it was cold in the exam room I was wearing my UP hoodie, zipped up. Finally, during the pre-exam briefing, while the others were silent, I was asking questions such as "Can I take both tests?" (Test engineers had a different test from developers.) 

On a more positive note, though, I enjoyed the test. Hahaha, that's a good sign, right? I found the questions tricky, but not overly so. I guess partially it's just because I haven't taken an exam like that in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment