Monday, August 06, 2007

CWTS and other matters

This semester is the first of the two semesters that we'll be having CWTS. So far, it's been pretty easy, if time-consuming. Right now I am at the NIP Library, taking a break from inputting the undergraduate theses into the catalog.

Actually, I don't really need to work. We've asked Kuya Felix, the guy in charge, and it seems that it's okay to just log in and sit here to earn our required hours. And he doesn't really check on what I'm doing, so I could pretend to be editing the catalog while actually just poking about on the Internet. But, well.

Mm, it's a new library, and pretty small at the moment - hardly anyone goes here. But there are already computers here that are just waiting to be fixed and made ready for use. And it'd be a nice place to sleep, if only it weren't located all the way out here in the new Physics building: it's nice and cold and quiet, and there are no people.

Even if it's fairly easy, CWTS is still going to take a lot of time: fifty six hours during this first semester alone. (I think the second sem of CWTS is going to take that long, as well?) That's already the equivalent of a sem's worth of class time of a 3-unit subject, roughly. And I've garnered only about 17 hours, including this (yet to end) three hour session.

And I think our CWTS group is about to be transferred from our cushy spot here in the library to either administrative work (secretary's office), or student assistant work at the SPP (Samahang Pisika ng Pilipinas). This is the best assignment, by far. We hardly do any work (well, relatively: we have already arranged a lot of the books by call number, and updated the catalog quite a bit, etc etc), and we can pretty much go here whenever we're available, as long as Kuya Felix is around (which he is, every weekday, 8 am to 5 pm).

So, am taking advantage of the long break that I have, MTh. I've done four hours all in all, today (since we didn't meet for our first class and some of us stayed here for an hour this morning). So, in short, CWTS = minor hassle, but a hassle nonetheless.



Other matters: I've been sleepy a lot lately. Yes, I am doing a lot of things for school and such, but I'm just worried if I'm not getting enough sleep, or if I'm not eating properly. Lately (read: a few days ago) I've been getting to exercise regularly again, maybe that'll help with the lethargy.

Anyway, I've only thirty minutes to go, I suppose I might as well finish up the rest of the undergraduate theses. Zoooom.

No comments:

Post a Comment