Sunday, August 26, 2007

Journal Entry Number Six

Another lazy weekend

It's been a lazy weekend again, echoes of the monster weekend that just passed? In any case I managed not to get much of anything done. Dabbled a bit in some online RPGs, did some articles, bummed around some.



Well, okay, fine, for the record:

Saturday I met up with Jeanne in the morning so we could spend some time together before my 2 pm make up class. Chanced upon Yas and Abby who were at the AS steps for the Book Fair volunteers' meeting. Wandered around UP a bit.

Had lunch at Mashitta, where we met Frau Lenz, one of Jeanne's German professors, and got to talk about higher education in Germany. She's a member of DAAD, Germany's academic exchange organization, which handles foreign students from the undergraduate to the Ph.D. level. Short version: it'd be hard to get a scholarship for a master's degree; easier for a Ph.D., but only if I had taken my master's here. Master's degrees are aimed more for practical courses like engineering, while doctorate courses are intended to help other countries' academes.

While eating I found out that the make up class was canceled (our professor got sick), so we had the rest of the day to ourselves. Proceeded to SM to while away the afternoon. Tried out the new Bubble Tea place. Had cold Almond Milk Tea, which was fine, and hot Royal Milk Tea, which was better. They have this cool sort of second floor that's nice for hanging out in. I tried to write, to no avail.

Then it was to the food court, our usual haunt (we're cheap, really, sometimes). Talked, hung out, etc. Had lugaw, and, well, fries. Haha. Stayed there until going home.



Okay, now what?

Well, I've been thinking thoughts again.

Having never satisfactorily finished a short story, I still do not know what sort of approach I should take. I've been telling myself to just pick one to go ahead and try, but it doesn't seem to work that way, either.

I've been thinking of going through my blog archives to see what sort of things I always end up talking about. I'm supposing it'd be easier to write something revolving around those things, since I'd be sure that I'd have something to say, eh?

Speaking of recurrence, well, it's happening again. Aha. That feeling of ending up in the same ruts, the same patterns and routines. I suppose that's part of what's called 'identity'?

No comments:

Post a Comment