Wednesday, August 08, 2007

This title refuses to be helpful.

I'm out of practice at this. Let's see.



I have yet to decide whether I really want to pursue this physics thing. I've been advised by this graduate student I know that I should begin planning if I intend to continue studying abroad right after finishing my undergraduate degree here. (He spoke to me with the conviction of experience.)

On one hand, I'm not doing so bad at this. Well, I manage to stay somewhere in the upper half of my batch, at least (a bit of false modesty, hem hem). But, well, on the other hand, I'm not doing spectacularly. Perhaps I'm expecting too much, or, that is, looking for too obvious a confirmation of my life decisions.

I don't know.

In any case, it's not my place to be complaining about anything, really, but sometimes I just wish I could be someone more... effectual. Or, for that matter, someone who knew what he wants to affect. BUT ANYWAY.



I've recently upgraded to a 5 gig player, and I'm not used to having almost all of my music in my pocket yet. (Yeah, pretty small collection, I suppose, relatively.) No idea how to create playlists, but it should be fun to learn how to put songs together for greater effect.

So far, having an actual screen, and being able to browse through the songs easily, are the main novelties. Also the nifty touch pad.



I must not let the lazy defeat meeee

4 comments:

  1. it's the attack of the long tags! aaaahhhhhh!

    kidding.

    I didn't know you were having these second thoughts. (but it's not like we actuallytalk, much less have any soulful conversations.)

    why NOT physics, anyway? parang bagay naman kasi yung current course mo para sayo. you're doing more than fine, pretty good pa nga. don't mess with a good thing(?)

    (basta wag ka lang pumunta sa guidance office. they told me i should take up law.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vim: I don't know. It stems back to my childhood. I guess I never reconciled myself to not being the "valedictorian" anymore.

    Wahaha. No, but really, I don't know. And I guess that's the problem? I'm expecting to *know* that physics is *the* field for me, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:09 AM

    we knooooooow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voices from above: Buti pa kayo.

    ReplyDelete